- WordPress writes “Allowed memory size XYZ exhausted”
- How do I turn off comments on pages?
- There is no change after change
- Portfolio shows 404
- I changed domain and web is broken
- I see no images or blank images
- How to create twitter access token?
WordPress writes “Allowed memory size XYZ exhausted”
Solution: web hosting
Please increase your memory allocated to PHP. You should be able to do it in your web hosting administration or by contacting your web services provider.
Solution: wp-config.php file
You can also do it in your wp-config.php file in the WordPres root directory – please read Increasing memory allocated to PHP.
Please note, this setting may not work if your host does not allow for increasing the PHP memory limit–in that event, contact your host to increase the PHP memory limit. Also, note that many hosts set the PHP limit at 8MB.
How do I turn off comments on pages?
Please note, you can edit Comments Global Settings in WordPress Admin ⇒ Settings ⇒ Discussion
Solution: In the page
On the Edit Page screen, click on the Screen Options button in the top right corner of your screen.
There you check the Discussion option and now if you scroll down on the same screen, you should be able to see the Discussion settings box where you can change the settings such as Allow Comments – which you want to uncheck.
Solution: In the pages list
- Go to the WordPress Admin ⇒ Appearance ⇒ Pages ⇒ All Pages.
- Move mouse over page title .
- Click on Quick Edit 
- Check or uncheck Allow Comments 
- Confirm changes by Update  button.
There is no change after change
Some part of your page is probably cached. There are few solutions:
- If you use some cache plugin like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache or WP Fastest Cache, then please delete cache.
- It is also possible, that theme has some compatibility issues with some outdated plugin or with plugin which does not use standard WordPress interface. In that case, if you have installed Fresh File Editor, go to WordPress Admin ⇒ Tools ⇒ File Editor, open path WordPress ⇒ wp-content ⇒ uploads, right click on freshframework and in menu click on delete.
- It is possible, that you have set cache on your hosting. Try to refresh after 30 seconds.
- Windows: ctrl + F5
- Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
- Linux: F5
You can also try anonymous browsing.
Portfolio shows 404
Go to WordPress Admin ⇒ Settings ⇒ Permalinks and press there Save changes even if you did not change anything.
I changed domain and web is broken
We do NOT recommend to change domain or WordPress URL. We understand, that sometimes it is necessary. In that case:
- Do backup MySQL and whole WordPress directory.
- Check backup once again (You must be sure that everything is backuped, really).
- Go to WP Admin. (Log in into WordPress Administration.)
- Replace page url from
- Find there options
siteurland replace values to the new right values – new WordPress URL
- Press Save on the page bottom.
- You will have to change images path in pages, posts, portfolio posts and options.
I see no images or blank images
You need to allow writing in directory
/wp-content/uploads/freshizer/If it is not created, please create it with writing rights by FTP.
Also please check your server configuration – do you have allowed GD library ( PHP library for images )? If not, allow it.
How to create twitter access token?
- Go to site https://apps.twitter.com/app/new and log in
- Into fields Name, Description, Website insert your website url f.e. http://freshface.net/
- Check “Yes, I agree”
- Click on button “Create your Twitter application”
- Find and click on Button “Test Oauth”
- Log in again
- Use inputs here – you may put anything in “Access Token” and “Access Token Secret”